Friday, March 30, 2012

Android Apps I can't live without





Since I bought my first android device the last summer I have installed tons of apps and games. Of course some of the them were just a piece of junk. But some others change the way I use my device. So I would like to share with you some of those apps.




Social hub 
This is a Samsung built in application that I loved. Sometimes inside bloatware you can find software with huge potencial. And this app is something else. Gathers together mobile phnoe messaging, facebook, twitter, linkedin and emailing. Also gathers all your social media feeds and provides you an easy way to control all the information you need from the hub. Good job Samsung!


Dropbox
I did not know this service and actually did not care that much to use it as I always keep my work files in my servers, personal files into my 4T desktop,laptop...and anyway I had my way. But I connected this app to my device adn my wife's device. And we could share images and videos that easy! Do not do this if you are not honest enough with your wife as once you take a pic goes on cloud asap. Care lol...


Baby Monitor
Yes I am a geek, I was born like that. But I am also glad to be a father for the last 8 months. This app saved 200$ for me. Gives you the ability to set a volume limit and set a phone number. Once the baby wakes up the devices gives you a call! Also notifies you in case battery drops below 10%. I loved this app.


Viber 
This app is a money saver. I did not even know how many people use this! No registrations needed. Install and verify your mobile number and you are done.Drags all your contacts that already use this app and shows them to you. One part that could go better is the sound quality in case of low network connectivity and the fact that you do know if someone is online right now. Overall this is a nice app.


Skype 
What can I say for this. I think this is the best free way to communicate with voip. I am amazed that even under very low wifi signal strength you could still communicate. Even that MS bought this it is stll the old good Skype.



Teamviewer
I love how easy sometimes is to get something from your home computer even if you are on the go. Two words: Fast and Easy !




Flashlight: LED Light 
There are tons of that kind of apps and I know this is the easiest thing to develop. But I cannot remember how many times this app solved lack of light problems. So well deserved a place in the "cannot live without this app" list. The reason I picked this one is that IS SIMPLE and even a 5 year old kid could use it. I love siplicity.



The best part for most of those apps is that their vendors have already published them in other mobile platforms too and even in the future want to jump from Android to Windows Phone or iOS, you will eb able to keep using them.
Feel free to add your apps!

No comments:

Post a Comment